Mipumi, the studio behind The Lion’s Song, has announced that they are bringing the turn-based tactical folktale Howl to the Switch in 2023.
Check out the teaser trailer below:
Howl is a turn-based tactical folktale set in medieval times. Alone in a world terrorised by a plague that turns people into wolves, you must use your weapons and your wits to survive, planning up to six steps in advance to outmanoeuvre your opponents. As you plot out your attack, you’ll also craft your own prophecy, weaving a continuous piece of scripture during the fight.
The visuals of Howl are created through ‘living ink’, a flowing art style that paints the story as you play. Carve your way through a dark fairytale world, fighting and writing to rid the lands of the plague.
- Foretell the actions of your enemies in tactical, turn-based combat
- Beautifully illustrated in a unique, living ink art style
- Unlock and upgrade new skills like shadow step, exploding shot and more
- Save villagers from the claws – or howl – of the wolves
- Play through 60 levels in 4 chapters
- Plot your route on the world map and pick your battles wisely
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and info! What do you think of this announcement? Are you excited? Let us know in the comments!
What's Your Reaction?
A massive lover of all things nerdy, Chelly has been games writing for over 3 years now and hopes to gain more experience and knowledge doing so. Her favourite games are Monster Hunter, Borderlands and Pokemon.