How to receive your Flying Tera-type Pikachu from Mystery Gift in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
The new gimmick of this generation is Terastallizing, which allows you to change the type of your Pokémon to its Tera-type. This gives the Pokémon the defensive strengths and weaknesses of the new type, as well as a new STAB (same-type-attack-bonus). However, you retain your old STABs, so a Pokémon could potentially have three STABs to play with! Furthermore, if the Tera-type is the same as your Pokémon’s original type, your STAB will double.
Mystery Gifts are also back in this game, and players can receive a Flying-Tera-type Pikachu, with the move Fly, between November 18th 2022 – February 28th 2023. Here’s how to add this powerful Tera-Pokémon to your team!
How to receive your Mystery Gift Flying-Tera Type Pikachu:
- Make it to the top of the lighthouse and have the academy pointed out to you (thanks Gamerant).
- This unlocks the Poké Portal – the internet feature of the game.
- Press X.
- Go to ‘Poké Portal’.
- Press ‘Mystery Gift’.
- Press ‘Get via Internet’.
- Receive the Pikachu.
- Go to your boxes to find your new friend!
How to Terastalize:
- Get close to Mesagoza.
- Encounter Team Star.
- Receive the Tera Orb from Nemona.
- Complete the battle.
- The next time you fight, you will be able to Terastralize your Pokémon, including your Pikachu!
Thanks for checking out this Pokémon Scarlet and Violet guide! Was it helpful? What other guides would you like to see? Let us know in the comments and thanks for visiting Nintendo Link