Assemble Entertainment, WhisperGames, Fehorama Films and Loomiarts have announced that they will be bringing the 1950s sci-fi inspired shoot-em-up Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers to the Nintendo Switch when it releases this autumn.
Take a look at the new trailer below:
About Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers
Warning! Extraterrestrials from outer space have arrived on our planet, bringing promises of a bright new future for the earthlings. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a darker side as the VEGA Corporation, the alien enterprise led by the hideous Director Zarog, is imposing its predatory politics on the human race. In the midst of this oppression, the rebel group Squad 51 rises as a response against the violent acts committed by these vile beings. Will the brave pilots of Squad 51 and their aircraft stand a chance against Zarog’s diabolic fleet of flying saucers?
Key Features Include:
- SHMUP Yeah!: Enjoy classic shoot-’em-up gameplay with four unique aircraft that can be customized with special weapons
- Cinematic Experience: Marvelous black-and-white aesthetics, live-action FMV sequences, and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Squad 51 and Director Zarog’s alien fleet
- 11 Ways to Save the World: Fight against enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more
- Rookie Pilots Supported: Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran flying ace, Squad 51 vs. The Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the alien extermination
- Ducks Fly Together!: Fighting an alien horde is more fun with a squadmate! A second player can enter a level at any time — earn points with a co-op player and unlock together new special weapons and upgrades
Thanks for stopping by Nintendo Link for all your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this new indie title? Are you intrigued? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
A massive lover of all things nerdy, Chelly has been games writing for over 3 years now and hopes to gain more experience and knowledge doing so. Her favourite games are Monster Hunter, Borderlands and Pokemon.