Wayforward has confirmed the new release date for River City Girls 2 on Nintendo Switch, and the action brawler sequel will drop digitally on December 15th, 2022. The title was originally planned for a Summer 2022 release, but that never came to be. Thankfully, the title is still alive and well, and it will be playable on our hybrid consoles in less than two weeks!
Check out the Provie trailer:
About River City Girls 2
Picking up directly after 2019’s River City Girls, River City Girls 2 gives players even more of what they loved about the original: more characters, up to four player co-op, enhanced movesets, new enemies to fight, and a bigger world to explore and brawl through. Newcomers Marian (from the Double Dragon series) and Provie (from River City Ransom: Underground) join the returning playable cast of Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki as they set forth on a sprawling adventure that takes them from one end of town to the other while battling the Sanwakai criminal syndicate that’s thrown River City into chaos.
Other knuckle-busting features include new weapons, interactive environments filled with destructible objects, loads of side quests, more than 40 shops overflowing with items and accessories, and powerful hired heavies that will assist players in battle. Complementing the action are dynamic motion-comic cutscenes, thousands of lines of spoken dialogue from top-notch vocal talent — including Kayli Mills as Misako, Kira Buckland as Kyoko, Greg Chun as Kunio, Kaiji Tang as Riki, DeeZumaki as Provie, and Erika Harlacher as Marian — once again directed by Cristina “Vee” Valenzuela, and an epic, jam-packed soundtrack from critically acclaimed River City Girls series composer Megan McDuffee.
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting styles and upgradable move sets!
- Enhanced combat: guard crushes, lift-off combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with a friend, locally or online
- New hired henchmen aid players in battle! Hold two recruits at once!
- Loads of NPCs to meet, interact with, and punch in the face – including surprise cameos!
- Awesome anime intro, comic book cutscenes, English and Japanese voiceovers, and a spectacular soundtrack featuring RCG1 composer Megan McDuffee!
River City Girls 2 will release on December 15th and will cost $39.99. Get ready to have a blast!
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of River City Girls 2? Are you interested in it? Let us know in the comments below! Happy gaming, everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.