The long wait it over, and the awesome-looking Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl is finally releasing, and GameMill has been doing a banger job slowly leaking out information over the last couple months. The competition to Super Smash Bros is basically a history of Nickelodeon cartoons, and seeing all of these characters come together to fight it out brings me the same joy I had when Super Smash Bros was announced for the Nintendo 64 back in the late 1990s.
This Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl – Everything We Know will cover all of the information that has been made known to us since the initial announcement. We want this to be a hub of sorts to come to for any questions regarding the title and what it has to offer.
To get started, let’s check out the reveal trailer:
In this Everything We Know, I will attach links to all of the characters that have trailers so you can go to YouTube more easily to watch them. I will also include full lists of both the confirmed characters and stages, as well as what series they are from, to give you a broader spectrum on the size of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Release Date
All-Star Brawl officially releases on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on October 5th, 2021.
The following are all of the confirmed characters for the roster so far:
- Oblina – Aaahh!! Real Monsters
- Aang – Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Toph – Avatar: The Last Airbender
- CatDog – CatDog
- Danny Phantom – Danny Phantom
- Helga Pataki – Hey Arnold
- Zim – Invader Zim
- GIR (?) – Invader Zim*
- Reptar – Rugrats
- SpongeBob Squarepants – SpongeBob Squarepants
- Patrick Star – SpongeBob Squarepants
- Sandy Cheeks – SpongeBob Squarepants
- Leonardo – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Michelangelo – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- April O’Neil – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Korra – The Legend of Korra
- Lincoln Loud – The Loud House
- Lucy Loud – The Loud House
- Ren & Stimpy – The Ren & Stimpy Show
- Powdered Toast Man – The Ren & Stimpy Show
- Nigel Thornberry – The Wild Thornberrys
Although there are some notable characters missing, this is a solid starting roster that covers Nickelodeon’s hot franchises over the past 30 years. Some brands are much more represented, which makes me think that when DLC starts dropping for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, we may see some more representation for those lacking titles, like Arnold and Gerald from Hey Arnold, any of the babies from Rugrats, and Ickis and Krumm from Aaahh!! Real Monsters.
We may even see some other cartoons get some characters as well (Where in the world are Cosmo and Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents?!), but I think ones like Raphael and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are some obvious additions.
*GIR has been teased but not officially announced, leading us to wonder if the Invader Zim character may be unlockable.
The following are all of the confirmed stages so far:
- Academy Entrance – Aaahh!! Real Monsters
- The Western Air Temple – Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Omashu – Avatar: The Last Airbender
- CatDog’s House – CatDog
- The Ghost Zone – Danny Phantom
- Hillwood Neighbourhood – Hey Arnold
- The Massive – Invader Zim
- Jellyfish Fields – SpongeBob Squarepants
- Glove Universe – SpongeBob Squarepants
- The Flying Dutchman’s Ship – SpongeBob Squarepants
- New York Rooftops – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Turtles’ Hideout – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Technodrome – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Harmonic Convergence – The Legend of Korra
- The Loud Residence – The Loud House
- Royal Woods Cemetery – The Loud House
- Powdered Toast Trouble – The Ren & Stimpy Show
- Jungle – The Wild Thornberrys
This is a fantastic assortment of stages from all of the cartoons being represented in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. Of course, this does not compare to the overly supplied and beefy Super Smash Bros Ultimate in regards to stages, but once again, this is a great start for the new series.
I would imagine with upcoming DLC characters, we will be getting new stages to go along with them. Also, if the title does well in terms of sales, it would be great to see what a sequel would pack and how much deeper it can go into the Nickelodeon universe.
Gameplay & Features
When it comes to gameplay, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl clearly borrows from Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros, with the goal being to increase your opponent’s damage percentage and knocking them off the screen in any direction.
There are some differences, though. Players will be able to reflect projectiles multiple times, with the strength and speed increasing each time, and there’s a rock-paper-scissors-like system for high, mid, and low attacks, just to name a few things
There will be single player and multiplayer modes, and it has also been reported that Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will have “wavedashing” and a better netcode than Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Not that this was too difficult to do, considering how bad Ultimate’s online is), meaning players around the world will be able to battle it out online with relative ease.
While many Nickelodeon fans will be disappointed to learn that the game will not have any voice acting, it has been teased that it could be added in down the line. This is because they wanted to create a solid gameplay experience with the characters (Respect), so they did not prioritize voice acting. However, it would be awesome to hear all of the recognizable voices interacting with each other in this Nickelodeon brawler.
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl releases on Tuesday, October 5th and will cost $49.99 USD (Currently discounted to $39.99 USD on the Switch eShop). For those looking for a Smash Bros alternative from a company that has lots of awesome cartoons in its history, this may be your perfect ticket! Get ready to kick some butt this week.
Thank you for stopping by Nintendo Link for all of your gaming news and updates! What do you think of this new platform brawler from Nickelodeon? Are you as pumped as we are? Let us know in the comments below!
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Jason Capp. I am a husband, father, son, and brother, and I am a gamer, a writer, and a wannabe pro wrestler. It is hard to erase the smile on this simple man.